Friday, August 12, 2011

Backyard Chase 8/12/2011 No. IL

Today was another nice surprise. I was radar watching back at my apartment and noticed a nice little cell to my northwest. It didn't look to great but, it was showing signs of life. I grabbed my stuff and sat it by the door in case I decided to head out. About that time the bells and whistles started going off for a tornado warning. I was a bit confused again because it didn't look great but, I could see why they threw a tornado warning out on it. I headed out and the closer I got to the storm the better it looked. The road network wasn't bad but I decided to sit and let this thing move towards me for some structure shots. What ensued were some of my best shots all year and I didn't spend more then 10 bucks in gas to get them! I didn't have much time to play with the settings on my camera so the quality is so-so. Either way, it was a great night after a long day of work. Enjoy.



Zoomed out shot. Color saturation.











No comments:

Post a Comment